Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Los Hermanos Copy Cat Salsa

We have a great local Mexican restaurant named Los Hermanos. 


They make some great food. 


My wife's favorite thing there is their Diablo Verde specialty drink (Pst! The secret ingredient is avocado  Don't tell them I told you).

Anyway, more to the point of this post, their salsa and chips are legendary around here.


My friend Kim has their recipe and gave it to me (Note: I stole this photo off her Facebook page. I hope you like it Kim. You only have about two photos on your page. Not much for me to pick from).

INGREDIENTS:

1-16 oz. can of whole tomatoes, drained
1-16 oz. can of Mexican style diced tomatoes
2 jalepenos, ends cut off, seeds removed and diced
2 stalks green onions, roots cut off and discarded, the rest chopped
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano


This recipe is simple. Throw all the ingredients in a blender and...well...blend...until smooth.

Now you have fantastic salsa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment