Friday, January 18, 2013

Classic No Bake Cookie Recipe


No bake cookies are a classic, but for some reason, I've never made them before tonight. They are quick, easy and I had company suddenly coming over, so that is how they made it on my cooking list tonight. Here we go. 

INGREDIENTS:

1 stick butter
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal




In a pot, melt one stick butter over medium heat.



Add 2 cups sugar and a 1/4 cup cocoa powder. Mix together and heat until boiling. 



Add 1 cup peanut butter and one tablespoon vanilla. Stir in until combined. 



Stir in 3 cups old fashioned oatmeal. 



It will look like this. 


Lay out wax paper on cookie sheets. 



Using a cookie scoop or a large spoon, drop one inch blobs on the wax paper. 




Let them cool on the wax paper. 


As I mentioned, we had friends coming over, so I...


...cooled them off a little quicker in the freezer. Note: I did not freeze them.  Eat and enjoy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment